Monday, April 18, 2011

Everyday Active #8 - Wii With Kids

Normally on Mondays I go for an hour long power walk while my big girls are at dance, but my hubby wasn't able to get home in time to watch our four year old during that time.  So the "Little" and I ran some errands and I vowed to get some exercise in sometime that evening.  By the time supper, chores, baths, etc. etc were done it was getting late and my motivation was waning.  So when my eldest asked if we could play some Wii I figured that would be a good way to get some activity in and have some family fun.  I like to include my kids into my "Everyday Active" whenever I can.

Wii SportsWii Sports Resort

So for about 45 minutes we did sword play, cycling, tennis, baseball, and finally some boxing.  I found the only game that really got my heart rate up was the boxing.  I'll count it as an Everyday Active.....but just barely.  I think the Wii Sports & Wii Sports resort is awesome for getting kids up off the couch but not the calorie burning workout I would normally try to get.

However, at the end of a busy day with two therapy appointments and lots of Mommy chauffeuring, it's better than just defaulting to collapsing on the couch.  
Sneaky husband snapped a pic!  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment