Thursday, April 14, 2011

Everyday Active #4 - Windows of Opportunity

Planning ahead is crucial for me to be able to squeeze in exercise.  Unless I want to get up early, or work out late at night (not so much!), then there will always be things that get in the way of a workout.  Finding "windows" in my day is what helps.

Today my 4 year old got out of preschool at 11:00 AM and I was due to help serve hot lunch at my older daughters' elementary school at 11:45.  Going home for half an hour in between wasn't a great use of my time, so I decided to bike to the preschool, then bike uphill to the local library to return an (overdue!) Barney DVD.  I knew that I'd have to really push it to make it there and back, so it was going to be a good workout.

Of course the return trip is a lot faster & involves a  lot of coasting downhill - but my legs sure felt the burn on the way up!  To make the bike ride even more exciting, on our way back from the school, after helping serve hot lunch it started hailing.  Of course my four year old thought it was hilarious....I'm sure the drivers passing by thought this mom was a crazy woman, biking through the hail with her preschooler.

Getting out is possible - no matter what the weather is like!

P.S.  Too bad I forgot my camera today.  Biking in the inclement weather would have made an interesting photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment