Thursday, April 28, 2011

Everyday Active # 14 - Bike to DQ

Hmmmm.....my track record hasn't been so great lately....I'm skipping out almost as often as I'm working out! Today in spite of the fact that I was at a seminar with Ellie all day for hearing loss resources/advocacy (she has mild to moderate hearing loss in both ears and wears hearing aides. I was feeling pretty wiped out mentally & physically I was determined to get some oxygen to my brain.

I convinced my 13 year old to bike up to the Dairy Queen....no, not to indulge in a Peanut Buster Parfait, but to pick out an ice cream cake for her upcoming birthday party. Biking uphill into the wind to get there definitely got rid of the cobwebs!

We also popped by the grocery store to pick up a few British items for our Royal Wedding Watching. My big girls and I are going to TRY to wake up at 3:00 AM to watch along with all the other 2 Billion people on the planet. It'll be a memory!

 How's that for a last minute - "Hey, let's pop over to the store to get something for the Royal Wedding!" idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment