Monday, March 7, 2011

Fugly Pitcher Makeover

On a recent trip to Value Village with my mom, I picked up a really hideous looking pitcher and bowl set.

The picture doesn't even do justice to how putrid the colour scheme is.

My family thought I was insane.

But a a few coats of Heirloom White Spray paint, and a sunny Sunday afternoon later.....we have THIS!


My Mom was amazed...."How did you think of doing that?" she wondered.  I said, "There are millions of creative people out there who put their ideas on the internet for Clueless Crafters like me!"

Linking to these great inspirational parties!
Make the World Cuter Monday

The DIY Show Off





http://www.thethriftyhome.com
Domestically Speaking

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! My mom just gave me a wonderful gift set that came in a ceramic container instead of a basket. I love the shape but the design painted on it is horrific. I already thought of painting over it...seeing how well your project turned out, I am quite encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I found your blog at Between Naps on the Front Porch. You have such great ideas and I'm your newest follower! I'd love it if you'd follow me back: http://stillwaterstory.blogspot.com/
    Again, you did a fantastic job with this!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Erin. I popped by your blog today; your home is looking lovely! Best wishes on all your continued home renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL!!!! My kids got me a VERY ugly snack set as a gag gift for Christmas. (real gift was Paula Dean Pan set) I knew I could do something else to it and now I have an idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete