Monday, March 14, 2011

Daily Declutter Challenge #33 - Bulliten Board Makeover

I can't believe I'm getting to the end of the kitchen decluttering!  And it feels even more amazing, considering I have such a pretty area to work with thanks to my Surprise Kitchen Makeover!

This was not only a declutter but a "pretty-i-fier".  Messy, utilitarian bulliten board.


I had some really pretty paper that I got on sale at Michael's.  I loved the vintagey floral print so I picked it up on a whim.

Most of the stuff on the bulletin board was expired or useless information now, so I didn't need to keep very much at all.

AFTER:
It goes so nicely with the new flower prints that my friend gave me.  I'm starting to feel practically springlike in spite of winter's chill that is still in the air.

Organizing Junkie

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty fabric. Was it easy to do since it had the frame around it? I've wanted to make one of these but was unsure about taking the frame off and putting it back on. Can you tell I'm not much of a crafter? lol

    Elisabeth
    http://treasuringthemoments.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishing touch to your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisabeth, this was even easier than fabric - it's paper. I simply slid the sheets in between the cork board & the frame and then pinned on with tacks! I am a "Clueless Crafter" so I go with what is easy. :-) Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I've been thinking about doing something like that with my cork board, seeing your makeover makes me want to all the more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a floral girl too - what a difference the paper makes on the bulletin board!

    Mary
    http://makingfamilylifefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I wish I was creative like that. I think once all my decluttering is done I can don a creative edge and make things look appealing like that. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone. Shonda, just wander the paper aisle at Michael's or the wrapping paper aisle and see what grabs your eye. Or just dig around at home and see what you have. I simply stuck my paper on with tacks! :-)

    ReplyDelete