Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daily Declutter Challenge #21 - Pair of Silver Candlesticks Anyone?

I love the fast, easy, soothing (and romantic!) atmosphere that candlelight provides.  But I had an entire drawer jammed full of tealights and assorted holders that I had been given over the years. Not to mention candle holders scattered on shelves all over the house that were quite simply, collecting dust.

I decided to simplify by only keeping a couple favourite holders, a handful of clear glass votive holders, and some glass hurricane holders.  They are so versatile, go with any decor and are unfussy in style.

But I did meet my nemesis.  A pair of tarnished, silver candle holders that I received as a wedding gift.  I held them in my hand for the longest time and silently debated keeping them.



But for the life of me I could not recall who gave them to us, or when the last time I used them.  10 years ago maybe?  Seriously.  They weren't even out on display and were one of the items jamming up the candle drawer.

Don't get me wrong.  I know someone would love these.  I know these are worth money.  But honestly, for me, they are worth nothing sitting in my drawer, taking up valuable space in my little home.

Anyone want them?

Guilt free goodbyes.  Lovin' it.

4 comments:

  1. Alas, I must say no as I live with the Queen of candle-holder hoarders. Someone will love them, just someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh.. If you do a giveaway with them let me know... my MIL would want to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna - your MIL can have 'em! Get her to leave a message on this post and I'll make arrangements with her.

    ReplyDelete