Monday, January 10, 2011

A Hundred Pounds Lighter!

Nope, it's not me.  It's my house that's 100 pounds lighter.  If it was me I'd be like Nicole Ritchie in her scary skinny days.  But you know what?  I DO feel lighter.  I was so happy to pick clothes out this morning and it was a simple act, not rummaging and rummaging for the item I was looking for.

I won't go into endless detail over every item I have decluttered from my home like some minimalist blogs do, but I will say that I took drawers, emptied their entire contents on the bed (you HAVE to deal with them that way!), and got rid of stuff that:
1.  I never used.
2.  Didn't fit.
3.  Didn't love or find useful (not might think one day might be useful.)

As my wise sister once said, "I'm almost 40.  If I don't think I look fabulous in it, why would I wear it?"

I also went through many other drawers in the house, but of course, I still have a ways to go.  One minimalist blog tip said that it can take up to a year or two to get to where you want to be....you had a lifetime to collect all your stuff, so understand that it may take some time.

Of course I have to make sure not to ignore my beautiful daughters in my decluttering drive.  I  even included them as we went through toys, and I LOVED hearing my four year old say, "No, I don't want it.  Get rid of it." Music to this momma's ears!

Only nice stuff was donated.  If it was YUCK, it was TRASHED.




So, four big garbage bags and a trip to the Sally Anne later, we're a hundred pounds of "stuff" lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment