Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily Declutter #1 - Starting at the Bottom

For the last two weeks I have been on a decluttering, thinning out, rampage.  Too much "stuff" in general stresses me out, and I get a weary feeling just looking at a junk drawer!
There's a bunch of really crazy, yet inspiring minimalist blogs out there that I took a peek through to help motivate me in my mission. Check 'em out, but remember, it's just a link, not an endorsement.
100 Thing Challenge
Rowdy Kittens - Social Change Through Simple Living
Be More With Less

OK - now back to the suburban life.  I'm going to daily post a declutter challenge - some may take 15 minutes, some may take an hour - but if you tackle one a day it you will make progress, I promise!

DAILY DECLUTTER #1 - Starting at the Bottom
Let's start with first things first - what's the first thing you put on when you get dressed.?  Yep, you guessed it...underwear.  If this doesn't apply to you, then you are probably not a suburban mom, and would be more at home reading a (cough) "natural living" blog.

Anyway, the Daily Declutter Mission is simple.  Go to your underwear drawer & dump it out onto your bed. Toss out all those ripped & awful unmentionables.  Toss the ones that don't fit.  Toss the ones that aren't comfy and you never wear.  Then think to yourself, "How many pairs do I really need?"  If you're like me, and you wash them at least once a week, then I would say 10-12 is a reasonable amount.  Just make sure you have enough for every day plus a few extras.  You probably have your faves that you always wear anyway and you won't miss the ones that you tossed, one bit.  Then stand back and marvel at your uncluttered, lovely drawer.

If you have socks in this drawer as well, don't worry - we'll do those tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment