Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Starting from Scratch in 3, 2, 1....

For the last several years I've had a deepening desire to seriously change up the way I run my life and my home, as an ordinary, harried, suburban mother of three.  But "serious change" seems so...well... daunting.  I'm intrigued and inspired by all the philosophies behind those fancy buzzwords like sustainability, eco chic, the 100 mile diet, frugal living, going green, minimalism, zen habits, living off grid, clean eating and the list goes on.  But could a mini-driving, stay at home, three children chasing, house in the 'burbs ordinary mom really experience the life I'm imagining?  That less will in fact be more?  That I can be the change that I want to see in the world?  Or will the tyranny of the urgent become the thing that drives me to the fast food lane at the Golden Arches, wearing my made in China cheap runners bought at Wal-Mart?

I want MORE out of life...by spending less, consuming less, wasting less, and stressing LESS.  I'm gonna try.  I'm starting from scratch in 3, 2, 1.....

Is the grass greener on the other side?

1 comment:

  1. Start from scratch idiom

    Meaning: If you start from scratch, you begin something from the very beginning without using anything else as a starting point. For example: Our website is terrible, so we should get rid of it altogether and start again from scratch.

    ReplyDelete